Linksys has announced the launch of the Linksys MR8300 Max-Stream Tri-Band Mesh WiFi AC2200 Router in India. The MR8300 is a high-performance router that delivers up to 2.2 Gbps of superior speed and is ideal for homes that require massive bandwidth for 4k entertainment and peak mobile gaming. The router is powered by a 716 MHz quad-core processor that improves overall network performance for faster wired, wireless, and WAN to LAN speeds.
In a Tolly benchmark test, the MR8300 performed at least 71% better than competition routers in a real-world congested environment consisting of six gaming cell phone clients and another 21 active (and idle) devices that were connected to the test routers, claims Linksys. MR8300 achieved an average ping-time of 7.3ms against other competitor routers while heavily loaded with mobile gaming clients and background application traffic. For entertainment, MU-MIMO and Beam-forming technology also works to ensure that high-performing devices like smart TVs, laptops and phones can connect to the Internet through faster and dedicated WiFi channels.
The Linksys MR8300 router is built with Linksys Intelligent Mesh Technology, and users have the flexibility to grow the WiFi coverage in their homes by adding Velop nodes to the system.
- Self-Organize – The MR8300 and Velop nodes work together to cover any floor plan and WiFi footprint
- Self-Optimize – WiFi bands and channels adjust based on your WiFi habits
- Self-Healing – If a node loses power or connection to the system, the remaining nodes re-establish connections to each other and the internet
- One Network – Supports one network name and password, one admin login, one interface for management and monitoring, and one guest network for the whole home
- Seamless Roaming for whole-home gaming – When you add one or more Velop nodes to the MR8300, they will communicate with each other to form a single, unified wireless network.
- Tri-Band AC2200 – Four external fixed antennas with high-power amplifiers, WiFi AC2200 867 Gbps (2 – 5 GHz) + 400 Mbps (2.4 GHz)* with MU-MIMO, 5 GHz radio – 867 Mbps*, 2.4 GHz radio – 400 Mbps*
- Processor & Memory – 716 MHz Quad-Core, 256 MB Flash and 512 MB SD-RAM
- WAN and LAN Connectivity – 5 Gigabit Ethernet Ports; 1x WAN, 4x LAN
- Security – WPA2/WPA-Mixed, WPA2-Personal