Xiaomi seems to be storming the budget market with its fiery launches. While the Redmi Note 3 ruled the market for quite some time, one would wonder the strategy behind launching the Redmi 3s. Recently hitting Chinese markets, we hope it would touch base in India, too. Moreover, it’s a great initiative to develop the Make in India project.
- Two variants will be dubbed as Redmi 3s and Redmi 3s Prime
- The Redmi 3s variants will be the first phone to feature Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 Soc in India, on an octa-core processor
- They both will sport a 5-inch HD IPS display
- Running on Android Marshmallow v6.0, it will be topped with MIUI 7.5
- Optics comprises of 13MP rear and 5MP on the front
- It will feature the fingerprint sensor on the rear below the camera module
- Connectivity options on the handsets include 4G, Wi-Fi, GPRS/ EDGE, Bluetooth, GPS/ A-GPS, Bluetooth, Glonass, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Battery is backed up well with 4100 mAh with a micro USB port
- The only difference between the phones is that the Redmi 3s comes with inbuilt storage of 16GB and Redmi 3s Prime with 32GB, expandable up to 128GB
- Redmi 3s is priced at Rs. 6,999 and Redmi 3s Prime will retail at Rs. 8,999
- Both models will be initially available exclusively via Mi.com initially, and then Flipkart.
- The Xiaomi Redmi 3S Prime will go on sale first starting August 9
- Flash sales have been skipped which comes as a big relief to all the buyers
A worthy competitor amongst the budget phones and can beat all odds with a breeze. Let’s see how much noise the younger sibling of Redmi Note 3 makes and for how long?