Samsung has launched its high-end smartphone Galaxy Note8. Note8 will hopefully replace last year’s Note 7 which was a big fail due to its battery issue. The new Samsung Galaxy Note8 feature big infinity display for more productivity and a S Pen to communicate in more personal ways.
The Samsung Galaxy Note8 features a massive 6.3-inch Quad HD+ Super AMOLED Infinity Display with an 18.5:9 aspect ratio. This has created a screen that features a stunning 2960 x 1440 pixel resolution. Under the hood, the device has pack’s the most powerful mobile processor i.e. Snapdragon 835 chipset. It has 6GB of RAM and 64GB/128GB/256GB of internal storage with expandable storage slot via a microSD card slot. Note8 is IP68 certified, means it is dust and waterproof when submerged in 1.5 metres of water for 30 minutes. Unlike Note 7, the Note8 sports a safe & secured 3300mAh battery, that should allow atleast a day of usage.
“We appreciate the relentless passion of the Note community. They’ve been a constant inspiration to us and we designed the new Note for them,” said DJ Koh, president of Mobile Communications Business, Samsung Electronics. “From the Infinity Display to the enhanced S Pen and a powerful Dual Camera, the Galaxy Note8 lets people do things they never thought were possible.”
It is also the first smartphone from Samsung to come with dual rear cameras and also dual OIS(Optical Image Stabilization). The device sports a 12-megapixel primary camera with wide-angle lens and a 12-megapixel secondary camera with a telephoto lens offering 2x optical zoom. On the front, it has 8-megapixel autofocus camera.
The new Samsung Galaxy Note8 comes in Maple Gold, Orchid Grey, Midnight Black and Deep Sea Blue colors. In the U.S. The device will be available in U.S. for pre-order from August 24th through operator and ships from September 15th. The rollout will be simultaneous worldwide, and the India launch is expected by next month. Talking about the price, the Samsung Galaxy Note8 is priced at GBP 869 (roughly Rs. 71,200) in UK.
- 6.3-inch Quad HD+ Super AMOLED Infinity display with 522ppi. (18.5:9 aspect ratio)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 with Adreno 540 GPU / Samsung Exynos 9 Series 8895 processor with Mali-G71 MP20 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4 RAM
- 64GB/128GB/256GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat)
- 12MP Dual Pixel rear camera with OIS and LED Flash
- 8MP autofocus front-facing camera with wide-angle lens
- Water and dust resistant (IP68 certified)
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Barometer, Fingerprint Sensor, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, Heart Rate Sensor, Proximity Sensor, RGB Light Sensor, Iris Sensor, Pressure Sensor
- Dimensions:162.5 x 74.8 x 8.6mm
- Weight: 195g
- 3300mAh battery with fast charging both on wired and wireless