After the departure of Nokia from Microsoft, much was said about the launch of a first Android smartphone with its own identity. Without hurry to put it on the market, it was already a certainty that 2017 would be the year to put on the market this new smartphone.
Now, with the year still to start and in a phase of great revelations for the world of technology, HMD Global presents fans of Nokia with the launch of the new Nokia 6 full of good specifications, a great novelty but only for the Chinese market .
It packs a 5.5-inch 1080p 2.5D curved glass display, equipped with an Octa-Core Snapdragon 430 processor and runs on Android 7.0 (Nougat). It has a 16-megapixel rear camera with phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF), 1.0um sensor, dual-tone LED flash and an 8-megapixel front-facing camera.
Features Dual speakers, one on the top and other on the bottom, smart dual amplifier chips offering 6dB louder sound and Dolby Atmos. It also has a fingerprint sensor on the home button and unibody design. It has dual SIM support as well as a microSD expansion slot, so it could be a hybrid dual SIM phone.
From the cameras, if this were not a Nokia smarphone, expect a great performance. The main rear camera, has a 16-megapixel sensor and the front with an 8-megapixel sensor. The battery is 3000 mAh.
Nokia 6 SPECS:
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) 2.5D curved glass display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 64-bit processor with Adreno 505 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR3 RAM, 64GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat)
- Dual SIM
- 16MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, PDAF, 1.0um sensor, f/2.0 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera, 1.12um sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 84˚ wide-angle lens
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Dual speakers, Dual smart amplifiers, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 154 x 75.8 x 7.8 mm
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, USB OTG
- 3000mAh built-in battery
The Nokia 6 comes in Black color, is priced at 1699 yuan (US$ 245 / Rs. 16,740 approx.) and will be available exclusively from JD.com in the first half of 2017 in China and is also exclusive to China. According to HMD, this is a strategic launch to assess the acceptance of the new Nokia.