Kingston has launched DataTraveler 2000, secure USB 3.1 drive with the alphanumeric keypad that locks the drive with a word or number combination, for easy-to-use PIN protection. The new USB drive also features hardware-based encryption, full disk AES 256-bit data encryption in XTS mode.
Encryption is performed on the drive with no trace of PIN left in the system. It is also FIPS 197 certified, to meet a frequently requested corporate IT requirement and has a durable design that protects the drive from everyday elements such as water and dust.
The flash drive can be connected to any device with a USB 2.0 or USB 3.1 Gen 1 (USB 3.0) port. On DT2000, alphanumeric keypad makes it easy to lock your drive. To access the content in the drive you will require entering the pin number and 10 invalid login attempts will destroy the contents of the drive. It also comes with auto-lock feature which activates the pin once you remove the flash drive from any device.
Kingston DataTraveler 2000 will be available in 16GB, 32GB and 64GB variants for the price of Rs. 10,000, Rs. 14,000 and Rs. 18,000 respectively at retail and online stores.
- Interface USB 3.1 Gen 1 (USB 3.0)
- Capacity: 16GB, 32GB, 64GB
16GB: 120MB/s read, 20MB/s write
32GB: 135MB/s read, 40MB/s write
16GB: 30MB/s read, 20MB/s write
32GB: 30MB/s read, 20MB/s write
- Dimensions (drive with sleeve) 80mm x 20mm x 10.5mm
- Dimensions (drive without sleeve) 78mm x 18mm x 8mm
- Waterproof/Dustproof Certified to IP57 rating
- Compatibility: USB 3.0 compliant and 2.0 compatible
- USB 3.0 compliant and 2.0 compatible
- Hardware data encryption 256-bit AES in XTS mode
- Compatible with: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, 8, 7 (SP1), Vista (SP2), Mac OS X v. 10.8.x+, Linux v. 2.6.x+, Chrome OS, Android