Booking tickets for your favorite movies will be easier with the introduction of Progressive Web App by BookMyShow. Anish Tripathi, the Vice-President- Product Design of BookMyShow told that around four-fifth of their transactions take place either via mobile app or mobile website. After introducing their new mobile app, the team focused on enhancing the user experience on its mobile website. PWA has proved to be a solution for people who find it inconvenient to download heavy apps on their smartphones or seek options which consume fewer data.
- The Progressive Web App is built on the similar grounds of the mobile app, and the users will have a hassle-free experience with this newly developed PWA.
- The efficient team of BookMyShow has emphasized specifically on brilliant page-optimization. That means the page you requested for would only show the necessary details. This will indeed save your data consumption levels, and will only display information you wish seeing.
- PWA takes 3.1 seconds to load a page even if you are using a 2G network. If you are looking for some personalized recommendations for movies, it takes mere 2 seconds to come up with impeccable results.
- BookMyShow has progressed towards a relatively new Language Stack for effectively organizing the countless web pages. Also, the company has rewritten its code by using React.
- The exclusive version comprises mini progressive web apps that ultimately improve the effectiveness and reliability of the app.
- Taking the customer service to the next stage, the company also offers a customized feature named ‘Just For You’. It informs you about various events, movies and plays depending on your movies’ preferences and purchasing history.
- The offline customer service includes information about the pages displaying showtimes and movie listings.
The introduction of Progressive Web App by the company is indeed a victorious move. With similar functions but steadier loading speed, the revenues of BookMyShow have touched new highs.